“The Legend of Sleepy Hollow” is one of the most beloved American stories that many remember from childhood. The Bicentennial is the perfect time to enjoy it again as part of an all-community read. Sign up for “Everybody’s Reading The Legend,” a single session “book club” that will be held multiple times during the 18 month celebration.
This free program is co-sponsored by Warner Library and The Historical Society Serving Sleepy Hollow and Tarrytown. Starting in June 2019, the “Everybody’s Reading The Legend” sessions will be scheduled in various places around the Villages of Sleepy Hollow and Tarrytown, including Warner Library, The Historical Society, the Old Dutch Church, Christ Episcopal Church, local parks, senior centers, restaurants, and more.
A self-serve discussion guide is available for groups that want to hold a session on their own. Warner Library will have free copies of the short story available for participants to pick up. To schedule a session or for more information, contact email@example.com.
Download a printable PDF of The Legend in English here.
For info and to register: firstname.lastname@example.org
Participation is free, but space is limited. Please register in advance!
Please note: Everybody’s Reading The Legend is a discussion group, not a reading or performance of The Legend (except the read-aloud session on July 18 at Warner Library). Read the short story ahead of time and come to discuss!
When and Where:
- Tuesday, June 11, 2:30 – 4:00 pm – Warner Library
- Thursday, June 13, 7:00 – 8:30 pm – Warner Library
- Sunday, June 23, 2:30 – 4:00 pm – The Historical Society
- Saturday, June 29, 9:30 – 11:00 am – on the grass at TaSH
- Lunes, 8 de Julio, 6:30 – 8:00 pm – Warner Library en español, La Layenda de Sleepy Hollow (Family Book Group in Spanish)
- Thursday, July 11, 6:30 – 8:00 pm – Warner Library, Family Book Group in English
- Saturday, July 13, 7:00 – 8:30 pm – Irving Chapel at Sleepy Hollow Cemetery
- Thursday, July 18, 7:00 – 8:30 pm – Warner Library – A Read-Aloud. No need to read the story in advance.
- Thursday, September 19, 7:30 – 9:00 pm – Old Dutch Church
- Saturday, September 28, 2:00 –3:30 pm – Irvington Library
- Tuesday, October 1, 7:00 – 8:30 pm – Christ Episcopal Church
- Wednesday, October 16, 7:00 – 8:30 pm – Greenburgh Public Library